Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dramatic Black and Purple Smokey Eye

'Eye' have this thing about smokey eyes... I absolutely LOVE them! They're so gorgeous and can be worn just about anywhere, and with anything.

Let me just say one thing before I start this tutorial. My camera tends to enhance browns/beiges/tans... ect. So at the end, when you see the highlight color... please keep in mind that it is NOT that dark and horrible looking. It's actually almost a light tan to a creme color. Just thought I'd point that out.

1. As always, start with a clean eye and apply your eyeshadow primer.
I am using Too Faced Shadow Insurance.


2. Apply a piece of tape at the corner of your eye extending outward for a crisp clean look.
I forgot to do this step at the beginning. Thank God I remembered before it was too late.

3. Apply a matte black eyeshadow to the lid and up to the crease. Also out past your eye to the tape.
I used a matte black shadow by L.A. Colors.
I apologize for the case being so scratched up. It's had a rough life. lol


4. Apply a dark, yet vibrant, purple at your crease & blend up and over to the tape.
I'm using the purple circled in the photo.
Also, I am using bhcosmetics standard matte 88 colors palette.
(see? I told you I remembered!) lol


5. Add a thin line of a puple/pink right at the top of the purple and blend.
I used a mixture of these two colors.

6. Apply highlight at the brow.
7. Smudge the black down along the lower lash line.
8. Add purple and blend.
(I messed up a big! gahh!)

9. Apply eyeliner on upper and lower water lines & add a smidget of white at the inner corners.
(liquid eyeliner on the lid is optional)
For the white I used 'Gesso' by MAC.

FINAL LOOK!

What I Used:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- bhcosmetics 88 colors, standard matte eyeshadow palette
- MAC gesso eyeshadow
- E.L.F mascara
L'oreal Paris 'Carbon Black' Pencil Perfect Self-Advancing eyeliner

Before you wear this anywhere... please make sure you clean away the fall out. That would just look so horrible under your eyes.
I really Hope you liked this tutorial. I'm still pretty new at all this, so I apologize (once again) if some of the things aren't as explanatory as they should be.

GIVE ME LOOK SUGGESTIONS PEOPLE! 
lol

2 comments:

  1. wow love love love!!! your eye color is so beautiful :) and the makeup is gorgeous u'v got excellent makeup skills nice blog im your new follower i'd love if you follow back
    xoxox
    http://cosmopearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic; you have GORGEOUS eyes! I'm following your blog; thanks for following mine. :) Happy belated birthday, too!

    ReplyDelete