This is the look I'm got to try to attempt. I will be making it a more 'wearable' look. The way it looks in the photo is just way to bold & if anyone were to wear that in public would definitely get stared at... though it would't be because it's 'pretty'. The way it looks in the photo is more alone the lines of runway shadow... which belongs on the runway, not out in public. Here's my rendition of the look.
I'll go ahead and say that this look is not appropriate for work or school. You'd think that'd be a given, but some people will surprise you.
Make sure you start with a clean eye before doing any eye make up.
1. Apply your primer or base to the eyelid and up the the eyebrow. Also just below the eye.
2. Apply white using either a jumbo eyeshadow pencil, or white eyeshadow.
I used MAC Gesso for the white & applied a sealer on top of it so any color I put on top of would not blend with it.
3. Apply a BRIGHT pink eyeshadow to the center of the eye extending towards the outer edge.
Let me first apologize for the poorly done pink. It doesn't mess with the look any, but it's just plain horrid looking.
4. Add black to either side of the pink.
Do NOT put any black in the inner corner or you won't be able to put any white there later.
5 & 6. Add black in the crease of your eye and blend.
Add more pink as needed. Sometimes the pink will rub off.
It should look like this when your eye is open. See how you can just barely see the black?
7 - 9. Blend the black outward and up towards the outer corner. Take white eye shadow and sweep it across the lower lash line & inner corner of the eye.
10a. line your lower water line & squint so it transfers to the upper.
10b. take the pink eyeshadow and draw a thin line right at the top of the black. (start about half way across your eye)
10c. Apply a white eyeshadow as a highlight on your brow.
10d. Add a hint of the pink eyeshadow in the area right before your pupil on your lower lash line.
10e. Apply mascara on upper and lower lashes.
I apologize for there being so many steps in this one. By the time I noticed I didn't take any photos of those steps, they were already complete.
False lashes are NOT recommended for this look unless they are very natural looking. They will only overpower the eyes.
What I used.
- LA Colors Hot Pink (Pictured)
- LA Colors Black (Pictured)
- MAC Gesso Matte Eyeshadow
- NW20 Foundation (as a primer)
- NYC Eyeshadow Sealer
- Maybelline 'the Colossal Volume Express' Mascara
- L'oreal Paris 'Carbon Black' Pencil Perfect Self-Advancing eyeliner