Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Dreaded iPhone iOS5 Update

NOTHING TO DO WITH FASHION... BUT I DON'T CARE.
If you don't care about this post, just scroll down. The posts you want to see are below this one.
I, like many other people, have decided to update my iPhone4 to the new iOS5.1. I'm a bit scared to do this though after reading the problems some people have been having. It's just that I haven't updated my phone once since getting it, and I have been starting to see some problems. I figured, the best way to get rid of the problems, is update to the newest iOS.

I spent HOURS backing up my phone... and backing up again and again. I was going to make sure I still had everything after I updated. A lot of people reported losing ALL their contacts, photos, music, apps, and pretty much all data from their phone. It was wiped clean. I couldn't afford for this to happen. I had WAAAYYY too many things on my phone that I just couldn't have removed. The photos of my Grandparents' 50th Wedding Anniversary for one. It was my Grandmothers last happy memory. Everything went downhill from there on. I might upload those photos so you can see them. I keep telling you guys about her, but you still have no idea who she was, or what she looked like. At least this way, when you read my posts about her, you'll be able to put a face to the name.

Unfortunately, things did delete from my phone. Fortunately, I backed everything up SEPARATELY from my itunes.

I can't wait until my contract is up so I can go back to Android. Updates were so much simpler then. Not to mention syncing music and photos... that was a piece of cake. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment