Friday, May 13, 2011

My Mothers Day Look

Ok. So I know it's not Mothers Day anymore, but I did promise you that I would do a tutorial for the makeup I did on Mothers Day... so here we go! :)
It's a tad different than what I did then, but It's as close as I could get it. :P

STEP ONE: Primer


Apply a primer to your eyelid and lower lash line. I'm using Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
If you don't have a primer, some concealer should work just fine, though it won't last as long.

STEP TWO: Color #1
Take your domed eyeshadow brush and apply the light brown color on your eyelid, and in the crease. I'm using a trio brown eyeshadow from ELF. My brush is also from ELF.

STEP THREE: Color #2
Take your dark brown and apply on the crease and outer corner of your eye using a crease brush. Be careful not to make it too dramatic, or you'll end up looking like a 5 year old did it. I'm still using the ELF Trio shadow. I'm using a crease brush from Ecotools.
(sorry it's blurry)

STEP FOUR: Inner Corners
Take a white eyeshadow, and apply it to your inner corners. I used a MAC Eyeshadow in Gesso. Your finger works fine for this. I think it works better than a brush.

STEP FIVE: Highlight/Color #3
Apply a light beige/tan color below the brow as the highlight. It will give the appearance of high arches/brows. I used the ELF Trio Eyeshadow for this as well. I used a highlight brush from Ecotools.

STEP SIX: Lower Lash Line
Take a small smudge brush with a dark brown (Color #2) and put it on your lower lash line about 2/3 of the way across. Make sure it's not to bold. Eyeliner can be used, but I didn't use it originally because I didn't have any brown eyeliner. Then take the white that you used for the inner corner and apply it on the lower lash line where the brown hasn't been applied. Finally, apply the mascara.The eyeliner and Mascara I'm using in this tutorial though are both from Loreal.


STEP SEVEN: Final Touches
At this point, your eyeshadow should be completed, and any final touches can be made. Don't forget to clean away the fall out. It's never pretty to have a bunch of dark smudges under your eyes or on your cheeks.

FACE & LIPS:
I used NYC Skin Matching Foundation and Studio Fix by MAC to cover up any flaws I might have had.
On my lips, I used LA Colors Moisturizing Lipgloss in a light pink. (Sorry, there was no color name)

WHAT I USED:

No comments:

Post a Comment